It’s HOT out there. With the steamy sun rays pounding down and the temperatures breaking the 100 threshold, it can be tough to know what to do with kids.
Try these 25 ways to beat the heat (and the summertime boredom blues!):
- Run through the water at Brandi Fenton Splash Pad.
- Hike to 7Falls and swim when you get to the end.
- Jump at a Pump It Up Pop-In Playtime.
- Visit your local library and sign up for the summer reading program.
- Check the Bookmans Event Calendar for story times, movie nights, and fun classes.
- Catch a $.50 movie at Harkins Theatres.
- Enjoy pizza and themed activities at Peter Piper Pizza Summer Kid’s Days.
- Splash at one of the 16 Tucson pools.
- Sign up for free/cheap swim lessons through the YMCA or Tucson Parks & Rec.
- See a Wild West Stunt Show at Trail Dust Town.
- Drive up the winding road to Mt. Lemmon.
- Enjoy a milkshake at Little Anthony’s Diner.
- Sign up for the summer reading program at Barnes & Noble and earn a FREE book.
- Relax on Friday nights at Reid Park Zoo’s Summer Safari Nights.
- Get wet at the Reid Park Zoo’s water play area.
- Take your stroller and walk the indoor track at Morris K. Udall Regional Center, William Clements Recreation Center, or El Pueblo Regional Center.
- Bake cookies or cupcakes for the families at Ronald Mcdonald House Charities of Southern Arizona.
- Open up your garage, pop some popcorn, and watch the monsoons.
- Slather on the sunscreen and spend a day at Breakers Water Park.
- Do the hokey pokey at Skate Country.
- Get a pizza and frozen yogurt at Costco.
- Enjoy music under the stars at Reid Park (Sunday nights) and/or Silverbell-Cortaro Park (2nd Saturday of each month).
- Set up a restaurant tour at Peter Piper Pizza.
- Go on an evening ride with Sabino Canyon Tours.
- Subscribe to the FamilyFun category on TucsonTopia and Like the TucsonTopia Facebook Page so you don’t miss any updates.
What do YOU do with your kids in the summer in Tucson? Leave a comment and share your ideas!